Still working on those ten/twenty pounds? What if we could change a few habits and lose 10-20 pounds without having to “diet.” The truth is that as we get older, it’s harder to lose and maintain a healthy weight and dropping a lot of weight too quickly will send you back on a yo-yo trip. Going slowly by changing habits that don’t serve you will take more effort but the effects will be long-lasting.
Here are some guidelines or reminders to help you on your way to looking and feeling sensational:
- Eat when ONLY you’re hungry.
- Food is fuel, not therapy or a drug. Don’t use food as a drug or as a way to comfort yourself or to beat yourself up.
- Watch serving sizes and read the ingredients on prepared food.
- Eat what your body wants, not what your mind or emotions want. Your mind can rationalize reasons to have something that doesn’t serve you well. Pay attention to your body. It will tell you the truth.
- Eat slowly and until you’re satisfied and no more.
- Snacks are snacks, not meals!
- Eat what’s good for your body not what old habits lead you to.
- If you can shop at a Farmer’s Market, take advantage of the fresh fruits and veggies that are in season.
- Eat with enjoyment, attention and pleasure. If you take the pleasure away what’s the point?
- Experiment and have fun with different fruits and vegetables in main dishes, salads, soups and desserts.
Start today and you’ll be on the road to a healthier, more fabulous you!