I recently came across this video and loved it for the humor and the truth about who we are. Watch Liza Donnelly as she describes how her cartoons and use of humor motivate and inspire women all over the world.
A friend recently sent me this item. It brought me a smile and thought I would pass it on for you to read. I hope it brings you a smile as well.
I don’t know where it originated, but I think it’s clever, so thanks to the creative person who put this together. Was it a man or a woman who came up with this? I wonder.
THE GEOGRAPHY OF A WOMAN
Between 18 and 22, a woman is like Africa – half discovered, half wild, fertile and naturally beautiful!
Between 23 and 30, a woman is like Europe – well developed and open to trade, especially for something of real value.
Between 31 and 35, a woman is like Spain – very hot, relaxed, and convinced of her own beauty.
Between 36 and 40, a woman is like Greece – gently aging, but still a warm and desirable place to visit.
Between 41 and 50, a woman is like Great Britain – with a glorious and all-conquering past.
Between 51 and 60, a woman is like Israel – has been through war, doesn’t make the same mistakes twice, and takes care of business.
Between 61 and 70, a woman is like Canada – cool, self-preserving, but open to meeting new people.
After 70, she becomes Tibet – wildly beautiful, with a mysterious past and the wisdom of the ages…. an adventurous spirit and a thirst for spiritual knowledge.
How to Start Creating Memories Today
How would you like to be remembered? This question is not about looking at the end of life as something depressing that we’d just as soon not think about. It’s about changing some things in your life that could make a huge difference in your lifestyle, your relationships, and your creativity.
Creating a legacy is a process that can be rewarding and a way to define your end goal. It’s about playing in this life to win.
Even the game of football has an end goal. To get to a touchdown takes planning, tactics, teamwork and determination. It’s interesting to me that the games we play often take more planning and strategy than the game of life we all play.
If you haven’t considered this before, why not start today? Starting today to create a legacy could change your life in many ways, such as:
- It could change the way you make decisions, making them more soulful and with a longer-term view.
- It could help heal your relationships and make it easier to find forgiveness for wrongs you’ve experienced.
- It could inspire gratitude for how you live today and give you the impetus to live that gratitude.
- It could awaken your passion for who you are and what you stand for.
To me, a leaving a legacy is not about money. It’s about your spirit not leaving those you love and who love you. Of course, money is always great but it’s not as long-lasting and valuable as the lessons you could leave behind.
Again, what is the heritage you want to pass on to the special people in your life or to your community…even to the world? However you want to be remembered, why not start now?
Here are some ideas to get you started. In a special binder or journal, write down the answers to the following:
(1) Fill in the blank: I want to be remembered for my _______________________________
If you get stuck on how you want to be remembered, write down 25 answers to this sentence:
What I like about me is: ____________________________
(2) The lessons I would like to pass on are: (list as many as you can) _____________________
(3) The most valuable lesson I ever learned was: ___________________
(4) The greatest accomplishment in my life is: _____________________
(5) If I could live my life over, I would want: ______________________
(6) Today I will let those I most love how much they mean to me by ____________________
(7) Start collecting photos that represent the most important things in your life.
This is just a start to creating your legacy or a record of who you are. By seriously contemplating these ideas, you may find that you’re creating more openness and love in your life. Ideas one through five are the foundation of your legacy. Ideas six and seven are the call to action that could start you on your journey to an even more fulfilled life.
Today, CELEBRATE! Celebrate who you are. Celebrate what you do. Above all, have fun with this!